Register to receive eNEWS updates from Clarity
Subscribe to enews
Media Crisis Plans that Work
This rigorous and practical crisis media training workshop will give you a blue print to build your own crisis communication plan. Our proven nine step process takes you from performing a crisis audit through to building a crisis communications tool kit and even ways to select and exercise your crisis spokespeople.
We look at how the media report a crisis and what they need from you at each phase so you can anticipate their needs and build a crisis communication plan to protect your reputation in a crisis.
You will learn:
- How to perform a risk audit to identify and evaluate potential threats
- The nine essential steps to develop a crisis communication plan that works
- How to select your crisis communication team
- Who should be the public face of your crisis
- Pitfalls and assumptions that threaten your crisis plan
- What materials and resources you need to survive a crisis
- Techniques to gain executive buy-in and keep your crisis plan current
- Lessons from successful crisis plans
Skill level: Designed for communications professionals and those tasked with crisis communication. A working knowledge of media or prior media training is desirable.
Duration: We need a full day for the best results, but we can deliver a half day version.
Number of participants: Up to ten participants, larger groups on request.
Contact us for detailed costing and specifications for all your crisis media training needs.